Wednesday, June 9, 2010

good day.

I had sushi for lunch with my two good friends Olivia & Amber (they also happen to be two of my co-workers). I would definitely recommend the lunch special at Ichiban over anywhere else in the area. The veggie tempura roll is so delicious!

Olivia and I went by our building afterwards to hang up some fliers for the Art Hive's next trunk show.























I had so much fun working on this flier! I love doing hand-lettering and illustration now. Anywho, we ran across the street to the Salvation Army afterwards and I found an awesome vintage suitcase for $3! It's a little banged up on the outside, but the inside was an awesome vintage green color and it didn't smell! So, I think I'm just going to spray paint the outside...I may print something on it too. Also scored 30 records that I plan on using for decorating purposes (they were a quarter each!) and two really awesome night stands. They had awesome lines and were really sturdy. They definitely need some love though! I plan to sand and paint those soon. Daniel wanted a small table or two in our studio room, so I thought they were perfect for that...and only $12! I forgot how much I love thrift stores...my goodness.

I plan on working on that quilt for our nephew tonight (he'll be here in a few short weeks!) and if I get it finished, I may post photos of my process. I love having projects to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment