Thursday, June 10, 2010

5 things.

Better late than never, eh?

Daniel and I have been working hard to get our house organized/cleaned lately. One of our good friends (a life-long friend of Daniel's) is getting married this weekend, and one of the groomsmen and his wife (also good friends of ours) are staying with us this weekend...so I've DEFINITELY been feeling the pressure to get the house in order. Jarrod & Katie's house is adorable and she keeps it spotless! I can't have her stay in a messy house.

I'm sharing all of this because it's been the inspiration for this weeks "5 things" list.

1. Shelves.

















I love these shelves!! Tetris was definitely my favorite game as a kid...I've always loved puzzles. Found on inhabitat.com.

















(source.)

I love all the different refinished vintage shelves she's used...especially that blue one!


















(source.)

I need her to come organize all of my craft supplies. Oh my goodness. I especially love those lower shelves with all the jars on them.

(which brings me to my next thing...)

2. Mason jars.





















(found on etsy.)


















(found on etsy.)





















(source.)
















(source.)
















(source.)























(source.)

Every time I go to Wal-Mart, I end up resisting the urge to buy a case of jars. Daniel wants them to drink out of...I want them to organize things...they're so useful! If we had more storage in our house, I would probably have 2 or 3 cases of them by now.

3. Picture frames...well, picture frame collages, I suppose.






















(source.)
I want that little cabinet...wouldn't mind having that chair as well.























(source.)
















(source.)























(source.)

I have a few frame collages in our house right now...I think they make a wall so much more interesting. It's like getting to work a big puzzle on the wall! (I'm all about puzzles, just so you know.) I especially love finding random frames at thrift stores & painting them all the same color to make a wall collage. Actually...that just gave me an idea. I finally ordered prints from our wedding and planned on doing a big wall collage with them...I was just going to buy black frames to put them all in, but I think I'd rather pick a color to paint them so I can put them in our room. Sadly, our bedroom is the most un-decorated room in the house.

4. Krylon spray paint.






















(source.)























(source.)
















(source.)


















(source.)

I absolutely love finding thrift store/junk pile furniture and refinishing it. I actually have 2 end tables (and a vintage suitcase) in the back of my car that will be getting some love shortly. Krylon seems to be the most readily available spray paint with the widest variety of colors. However, my absolute FAVORITE color, Ivy Leaf, is no longer at Wal-Mart. I'm so sad! I've used so much of that color before and don't know what I'll have to use instead...we'll see.

5. China cabinets.























(source.)
























(source.)























(source.)



















(source.)

I love storage...mostly because our house doesn't have ANY. Seriously...there's not a full-sized closet in this house and our kitchen doesn't even have any drawers in it...I guess that's a downfall of houses built in the 1920s. Daniel's mom got us some amazing dishes for Christmas, and we've yet to start using them because there's nowhere to put them. My grandmother said that we could have an old gun cabinet that someone made for my Papa to use as a China cabinet. It's amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on it and refinish it...the only thing that worries me is getting shelves in it. Also, if I could do the whole dish thing over again, I think I'd just collect random pieces of China instead of getting a matching set. Although, I told my mom I didn't want China and she took it upon herself to get us an entire set of it anyways...in the exact same pattern as hers...which she keeps telling me I will inherit someday. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. This post is amazing! I adore all the shelves and the mason jars. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much! Glad to know there are people out there reading. =)

    ReplyDelete