Monday, June 21, 2010

father's day.


Yes, I realize it's almost over...but I've been busy today.


I am so incredibly blessed. My dad is one of the most incredible men I've ever met. He is without a doubt the most hard-working man I've ever known. He has been an amazing father and role model my entire life. When I was in junior high, the company that he'd been working for for 25 years was bought out and he took a huge pay cut and lost all of his seniority...he was nearly ready to retire at that point. Because he wanted to do what he felt was best for our family, he found a better job working for Florida Power and started working there the summer before my freshman year of high school. For the entirety of my high school career (all 4 years!), my dad worked in Florida while we were still living in Sheffield...we couldn't sell our house. It was so hard on all of us. I missed him so much everyday...I was always a daddy's girl growing up. I constantly followed him around when he was outside working on projects and did whatever I could to help. However, when he broke out the table saw (or anything else loud/dangerous for that matter), I would stand at the backdoor and cry because I was scared he was going to cut his fingers off...or something ridiculous like that. (I've always worried far too much for my own good...it's why I just learned to ride a bike 2 years ago...seriously.) 


My dad has always worked to give us everything that we could possibly need/want (within reason), and I can never repay him for that. He taught me to work hard for everything I want and never take anything for granted...and for that, I am thankful. I know the value of a dollar...I know the feeling of accomplishment when I attain something that I've worked hard for...and he taught me those things (along with countless others!).


So, thank you Dad...I love you and I'm sorry that I wasn't with you on Father's Day. (But Daniel and I will be there Tuesday!!)

(photos by the lovely Sara Renee Murray.)

Also, I am SO blessed that I not only have an incredible father, I have an amazing father-in-law. Daniel & I were fortunate enough to get to spend time with him this afternoon.



Well, kiddos...I think it's time to retire for the evening. I've got SO MUCH to do tomorrow...Daniel and I are heading south on Tuesday to spend some time with my family. I haven't seen my mom & brother since February and I haven't seen my dad since the day after my wedding (which was exactly 6 months ago!!!!). I can't wait to give them all hugs...I'll probably cry...and I get to see all the furry babies!! They now have 4 Scotties...we'll see how Simon gets along with all of them. I'm trying to be optimistic.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment