Thursday, May 27, 2010

a day late.

I forgot yesterday was Tuesday. I don't normally have Tuesdays off, so it threw me off a bit. I didn't really know what to do with myself. Daniel & I went to the Y together and worked out...I was worn out afterwards, but it felt so good! We ended up getting lunch at Rivertown and taking it (and Simon) to the park with us. I sewed for a while last night, too! I've missed it so much. It's becoming an addiction. I just wish our studio room was cleaned up/out enough that I could do it in there instead of having to set up our card table in the living room. We really need a house with closets.

Anywho, time for the weekly "5 things I like" post.

1. Red Velvet Art.















I started following Elsie's blog a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it! She's so crafty (and so are the other ladies involved) and inspiring. Seeing her posts and projects makes me want to create more and more...plus, I keep getting more ideas for photoshoots and such. I love it. You should definitely check out their stuff.

2. My bike.
















I can't believe I still haven't taken any photos of my actual bike...but then again, I like to carry very little with me when I ride it...and my camera is heavy. So, this photo is from the Trek website...but this is the exact bike that he got me...the colors remind me of a banana. I like it...and I LOVE not driving my car everyday. It feels really good.

3. Detoxing.












4. Quilts.

(Found this one on Flickr.)


















(Also found on Flickr...and I found this lady's awesome blog as well...check it out!)

Daniel & I have a nephew on the way thanks to my beautiful sister-in-law and her husband, and I thought that a quilt would be the perfect gift for him! His name is Isaiah (unsure of the middle name as of right now). Brianna crocheted us a throw as a wedding gift that we absolutely love...and I've always wanted to make a quilt...so I'm going to give it a go. I'll try to document/blog my progress...keep in mind though, I have no clue what I'm doing.


5. Cold pizza.
















(source.)

Random, I know...but we had pizza for dinner...and I'm eating the leftovers right now...gotta get in all the bad food I can before tomorrow...well, not really. But I still had some calorie allowance left for the day, so I figured it was alright.

That's all for now...hopefully I'll have time to start on that quilt tomorrow. I'll also try to update on the detox. I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment