Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 things.


Well, the past week has been a bit busy. I drove up to Nashville last Tuesday to pick Olivia up from the airport (she was gone for 2 whole weeks!) and we had a lovely day up there. Daniel graduated on Saturday! I may do another post after this one, seeing as I have photos from both...and our little celebration Saturday night. Anywho...I know it's after midnight, but it's technically still Tuesday for me...so, time for 5 things that I like.


1. Octopi. (Is that really the correct plural form of octopus?)






























I keep seeing more and more octopus items on etsy...I LOVE this shirt so much! Found in darkcycle's etsy shop. They have some pretty amazing shirts...all kinds of animals on bicycles.

























I don't smoke, but I really want this cigarette case by CosmicFirefly.

2. Dwell Studio Bedding.




















I want this bedding SO BAD. Seriously...I've been searching for something a little more summery for our bedroom, and this is it. Unfortunately, they only have a king coverlet at our Target and this is now unavailable online. I will find it. I need it.

3. Vinyl.



















(both photos are mine.)

Daniel and I already have a sizable vinyl collection, but over the past month or so have been steadily adding to it. I had my first experience at Grimey's in Nashville last week, and I was in heaven. I bought The Dead Weather's new album "Sea of Cowards" as well as She & Him's "Volume Two" for Daniel (he had to work and couldn't go with us). We also added to our collection back in April on Record Store Day (She & Him's "Volume One," The Grass Roots, and Heartless Bastards' "The Mountain"). Vinyl just sounds better.

4. My Minolta X-700.

Ok, so this isn't actually MY Minolta, but I loved this photo...and mine is very similar. I've become far too reliant on the convenience of shooting digital and have become somewhat lazy while shooting. I take for granted the fact that I can take 500 photos in an hour and weed out the bad ones. I don't want to take bad photos anymore. Now, I know that not every shot will be perfect or mind-blowing, but I feel that shooting more film will force me to focus on what I'm doing and think about taking a good photo the first time. So many photographers now shoot and shoot and shoot, pull their photos into Photoshop, run some actions on them, and call it good photography. I'm not ok with that. I want to get it right the first time instead of letting Photoshop fix my mediocre photos. I'm tired of being mediocre. 

Also, as a side note, I am in the market for a Mamiya C330 (or C220 for that matter). I've never shot medium format and have never even touched a TLR camera...so I'm super-excited about getting one.

5. Sewing.























I've got to get my table cleaned off so I can sew some more...I've got so many projects half finished, but my sewing table is so junked-up right now that I can't get to it to finish anything. I've got to get our house organized so I can create things. I miss making things.

That's all for now.

Photo post next?? Maybe so.

Check back next Tuesday for my next installment of "5 things I like."

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment