Tuesday, July 20, 2010

my, oh my.

I have been slacking lately as far as this blog is concerned...however, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been crazy busy working on design projects and general craftiness. We had a trunk show for the Art Hive this past Saturday...sold a few things. Afterwards, we had a benefit show at Pegasus Records downtown...we had a pretty good turnout and raised nearly $300 (after we subtracted the cost of expenses). Not bad considering the whole thing was pretty last-minute.























(flier I designed for the show.)


I finally finished John's tattoo design today...just finished the poster for Handy Week. I think I'm going to get it printed tomorrow.
























We've got so many good shows this year! Plus, I'm pretty excited I don't have to close this Saturday...our friends The Dirty Holidays are playing on top of the parking deck downtown and I'll be able to go see them! This is the second or third year they've done that show and I usually end up having to work. I'll be sure to take photos.


Speaking of photos...I get to meet with some ladies for brainstorming sessions this week. I'm so pumped! I'm going to be doing some product shots for a friend of mine who also happens to be an amazing seamstress...seriously...her stuff looks like you could buy it at Anthropologie. Love it.


I also started screen printing again this week...I've missed it so much! It's not easy to do in my house though...there's just not enough room...and I need a bigger sink.


Daniel's in New York right now for a show (possibly 2...they'll hopefully know tomorrow)...he left this morning. I don't like it. I don't know what to do with myself when he's not at home...so, I clean. Not necessarily a bad thing...our house needs it right now. I did 4 loads of laundry today...could've gotten more done, but there's nowhere else to hang wet clothes until everything dries. I also cleaned the kitchen and bathroom...and started sorting through my clothes to get rid of stuff...I can't handle the clutter anymore.


I'm planning on doing some product shots of my own stuff soon and getting them listed on Etsy...I've got quite a few record clocks made now and a couple of wooden ones! I also made some really cute sketchbooks/journals last week.


Wow, I just realized this post is quite wordy and probably hard to follow...I had too much espresso tonight at work...and iced coffee. I feel sick now...and I just want to go to sleep so today will be over and tomorrow can start...I plan on deep-cleaning tomorrow.


I hope everyone has a lovely night!



No comments:

Post a Comment